Shanghai Contemporary Art & PHOTOFAIRS
SHANGHAI CONTEMPORARY ART, PHOTOFAIRS & AMANYANGYUN EXPERIENCE
“Pearl of the Orient, Shanghai is China’s most progressive, western-facing city that has benefitted big time from globalisation”
Shanghai has contrasting reputations both for its grandeur and its decadence. A century ago, it enjoyed unrivaled status as the cultural and economic center of East Asia. Old Shanghai evoked an exotic mix of glamour, mystery and modernity. As a result of the Foreign Concessions – parts of the city administered by the British, the Americans, the French and the Japanese – Shanghai has a unique blend of cultures, values and architecture.
Join Curagenda and friends of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai on a 5-day art expedition to experience the best of the contemporary art scene in the most amazing city in China. We present a very special insider’s VIP Shanghai art week program, including an artist studio visit with Christopher Phillips (Curator/Writer, previously Senior Curator at International Center of Photography New York), as well as an exclusive Gala Dinner.
During the week’s activities, there will be plenty of opportunities to get to know your fellow travelers and guests over breakfasts, brunches, dinners and special art events. Curagenda’s VIP travel program also includes a luxury hotel stay, culinary experiences, architecture and fashion tours, personal travel mobile app, and an art souvenir.
SHANGHAI CONTEMPORARY ART, PHOTOFAIRS
& AMANYANGYUN EXPERIENCE
SHANGHAI VIP ART STAY PROGRAM
18 to 23 September
5 nights, 5 days
Kindly use the form below for booking inquiries
• Private VIP tour and preview of the fifth edition of PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai, including artist and artwork introductions, curatorial themes, and more
• WEST BUND Arts District Museums & Institutions private tour and behind-the-scenes access with
museum founders and curators, such as Yuz Museum
• Private tour Qiao Space and Tank with the founder
• Artist studio visits, including lunch with the artists (names to be announced)
• Specialist-guided studio visit with Curator Christopher Phillips (previously senior curator at ICP)
• Exclusive visits to private art collections in Shanghai
• Private lunch and dinner with leading collectors
• Special VIP opening events with artists and curators
• Specialist-guided architecture and cultural tour with a Shanghai native
• Specialist-guided gallery tour to top galleries in SH
• Shanghai independent fashion shopping experience
• Top Shanghai and Chinese cuisine selections
• Art Party at the new EDITION Shanghai
• Stay at the antique villa Amanyangyun, including a behind-the-scenes tour of the property
• Among others
Wise to the fact that the New York art world can be difficult to navigate even for native New Yorkers, Curagenda’s founder, Helen Homan Wu will also tailor tours of the city according to your interests, taking in not just the city’s galleries, but collectors’ home. " – The Telegraph Luxury
Our accommodation packages includes exclusive VIP offers and benefits for you from hotel partners
THE AMANYANGYUN EXPERIENCE
Thirteen antique villas dating from the Ming and Qing dynasty form the core of this remarkable resort, designed by Kerry Hill Architects. To them have been added a further 24 Courtyard suites, a vast spa representative of Aman’s increasing emphasis on wellness, and a rich variety of restaurants. Surrounded by ancient camphor trees and bordering Qizhong Forest Park in the Minhang district of greater Shanghai, Amanyangyun lies approximately
an hour away from the city centre. An extraordinary story of preservation and heritage underlies Amanyangyun, moulding its character.
The ancient villas and huge camphor tree were originally situated in Fuzhou in the Jiangzi Province, but the imminent building of a dam would have submerged them. Local entrepreneur Ma Dadong decided to set about preserving them, a feat which involved moving them piece by piece – and trunk by trunk – 434 miles away, to be reassembled 15 years later as the soul of Amanyangyun.
GENERAL INQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org / US: +1 917 727 1972